Massage therapy of all disciplines provides numerous benefits for our Coalhurst clients. Here is a brief description of the benefits and the reasons why massage therapy is so effective.
Physical Benefits of Massage
- Relieves pain, stiffness and discomfort Massage is a direct form of therapy which goes to exactly where the issues reside. By dealing with the problems directly and naturally, without the use of medication, the muscles are not only relieved but are brought back to the time before the issue arose.
- Increases mobility Years of repetitive activity can lock the body into a routine which limits your range of motion. By performing a variety of massage techniques and stretches the muscles ‘wake up’ and begin to increase their range of motion.
- Improves circulation The circulatory system is intertwined with the muscles. Thus, restoring the proper function of the muscles opens up the blood vessels and increases blood flow; a very important part of any well-functioning body.
- Detoxifies your system Sometimes the body holds toxins in specific areas due to physical trauma and strain. By working these problem areas the toxins are released back into the blood stream where the body eliminates them.
- Promotes relaxation A well-functioning muscular and circulatory system free of physical tension indicates to the mind that things are going well. When your body feels relaxed the brain receives signals that positive chemicals should be released, thus increasing the well-being of both body and mind.
Psychological Benefits of Massage
- Decrease anxiety Anxiety is a physiological issue but the body often house anxiety in its muscle structure. By clearing the pathways and realigning the muscles your mind is told by your body that the physical cues which indicate anxiety have been removed. This cuts the vicious cycle of anxiety creating physical manifestations and those manifestations feeding back into the feeling of anxiety.
- Enhance the quality of your sleep Many therapies promote relaxation which has a lasting effect on the client. Removing the deeply imbedded stresses in your body allows for a more pleasant sleep as the tensions associated with daily life appear more manageable.
- Leave you with more energy Many of our therapies attempt to tune into and manipulate the energy flow of the body. By opening blockages and promoting over all well-being we enhance the body’s natural production of energy.
- Reduce fatigue The muscles in your body hold fatigue in your body for a multitude of reasons. By massaging the muscles the body is told to reboot the proper function of those problematic areas. Also as many of our therapies involve a holistic approach to healing the body and its energies, fatigue is reduced as because the whole body is activated to produce energy.
- Improve concentration A relaxed body is essential for a relaxed mind. By removing stress from the fascia and improving circulation the body is able to focus on the task at hand instead of being preoccupied with its internal and unconscious issues.